InfoSpin® cares about the quality of your words. Our words
have the power to amuse, offend, excite, inspire, and transform. How we say
things may be as important as what we say.
With keen awareness of the power of language, combined with careful attention
to your goals, InfoSpin helps you to shape your message into clear, effective, and even transformative communications.
InfoSpin is particularly adept at simplifying complex text and
transforming dry business and technical information into content your audience will want to read.
InfoSpin provides a full range of editing services, from simple line editing for grammar and style to substantive editing, in which InfoSpin examines documents for content and tone.
Substantive editing may include rewriting and reorganizing portions of text.
InfoSpin also provides developmental editing services, in which
InfoSpin works with customers on determining content, direction, style, and
appropriateness of language and layout. Developmental editing may include
editorial mentoring services, in which InfoSpin provides detailed
feedback to writers and in-house staff to help them shape and improve their own writing and editing capabilities.
Writing and Analysis Services
InfoSpin principal Sandy Sampson has written hundreds of reports on a
broad range of business and IT topics.
Favorite writing, editing, and research projects have included:
InfoSpin has experience working on the following types of writing and editing projects:
- Writing a letter to the United States Congress on behalf of a Cabinet member
- Synthesizing a 34-page report into a 2-page executive summary for the United States Congress
- Writing a full-length "For Dummies" book, and editing and rewriting smaller "For Dummies" books on software products and concepts
- Compiling, editing, and writing a cookbook as a fundraiser for a wildlife refuge
- Engaging in custom research projects, which includes interviewing customers, partners, and vendors, analyzing data, and reporting results
- Writing, editing, and updating marketing collateral, including case studies, impact briefs, product profiles, white papers, newsletters, solution slides, thought leadership papers, and business video scripts for IT, consulting, and information analysis firms
Articulating value proposition
Business and technical writing
Business transformation studies
Case studies/success stories
Direct marketing flyers
Disaster recovery plans
Market study and analysis
Online lesson plans
Strategic planning and analysis
Web site review
E-mail Sandy for a broad list of the subject areas on which she has written.
InfoSpin adjusts tone and style to suit your requirements, using
style guides, such as The Associated Press (AP) Stylebook,
the Chicago Manual of Style, and the American Psychological
Association (APA) publication manual, among others.
InfoSpin can develop a custom style guide to meet your particular needs.
In addition, InfoSpin has helped clients create layouts and templates that
best showcase their projects.
Much of the work InfoSpin produces is proprietary, designed for internal
distribution or by subscription. Contact Sandy Sampson directly to request a writing sample that is relevant to your needs.